I wonder why I keep having these writers' blocks every so often, which lasts up to a year? It is exactly a year since I last posted the blog. Surprisingly, I write for a living. May be I should change my profession. But you know what, writing is all I know and I am not even good at it. Think I have a confidence issue? No. I am being brutally frank with myself. I am a lousy writer. I just don't enjoy what I write. I write for technlogy companies. They in fact like some of my stuff. Now what does that say? Tech companies are so desperate for writers, they actually like anything, as long as the write-up throws up some fancy tech jargon.
I have been trying to get some dope on writing white papers. Yeah I want to improve my skills. Finally. I have been googling to learn to write better. Then it dawned on me, rather belatedly, that I have to read a good deal to be a good writer. When is the last time I read a good book? Two years ago, Jerome K Jerome's Three Men in a Boat. It is hilarious. Many probably haven't even heard of him. He belongs to the late 19th and early 20th century generation.
Now that I know I want to improve my writing skills, I have to write -- labour over is more apt -- at least 100 words a day. I will keep my word and post blogs every day...ummm.. a tall order.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment