Sunday, July 19, 2009
Hakuna Matata
It has been a long weekend, with just the kids and me. For me, it's 'thank god it is Monday'. They are in school and I can enjoy my mid morning cuppa in absolute peace and quiet and mull over what to blog about. Guess the cuppa that usually cheers failed to do so today. I can't think of anything useful to write about. Just rambling on as usual and wondering if I reached the 100-word-a-day target I have set for myself.
Thoughts swimming in the nut nowadays are school for Kabir and if I am being too harsh on him. I can see not-so-subtle changes in his attitude towards me and that worries me. Have I done or am I doing something that is putting him off? I kept worrying till last afternoon when it dawned on me while climbing the stairs that they are my fears, not my kids' problems.
I don't really have to worry about Kabir becoming violent just because he killed a wasp or a lizard. I don't really have to be worried he'll grow up a sloth if he refuses to have bath one day and I can forget about him being malnourished if he doesn't eat a day or two. All these don't amount to indiscipline.
My brother and his friend used to kill frogs and stuff them in the pot. But he is the gentlest man next to my father now. I would go without food for days and now I am a healthy (?) 74 kgs. God knows how many baths I skipped while in hostel. My skin still glows and I haven't contracted any derma deseases.
And finally, it is okay for him to start reading when he is comfortable. He is not going to be an illiterate! He is already literate and can write definitely more than his caretaker who has passed her 8th. Well the last comment is unsavoury but anything to pacify my mind.
My son will grow up fine and I am doing a good job of a mother, even if my mother in law doesn't belive so. Oh that's a whole new story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment